Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going to say it out loud. I don't want to because I know the guys, they're nice and local to me but I don't like Ticketybrew beers that much. They insist on Belgian yeasts in everything and it doesn't usually work. They do an Earl Grey strong IPA (more tea) that tastes like mouthwash.

However, this is lovely. Banana esters and quite malty / beery.

IMG_20171103_185358.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Now and again I eschew the excitement of hops, fruit, or face-imploding sourness and opt for the sort of beer that McGinty or @srw might like, in a spirit of beer-thread solidarity with the risk-averse element :whistle:. This is a rather good traditional IPA, from Plain Ales of (you guessed it) Salisbury.

View attachment 381670

Attaboy!

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I'm on a plain, I can't complain;). I've just relocated to Penrith (new job at a hotel near Pooley Bridge);) and I've been checking out the fell Brewery Bar in the interests of research:cheers:....very promising. Fell do some cracking beers (OPA, Mandarina, Nectar Pale, Hopweizen among others) and they have the likes of Wylam Loral (fruity pale) and Helm Bandersnatch ( classic IPA ) on tap. A day trip on the train to Wylam beckons like man!:addict:. Oh and always listen to the horse (man)...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6zrlLLdlY

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had a couple of pints of an amber ale last night. A collab bewteen a local bagel maker (Bagelman), and a brewer (Franklins). They use leftover stale bagels in brewing the beer, and the yeast to bake the bagels. Weird, but a lovely rich drop of ale.
http://bagelman.co.uk/626/

Tonight is the butchers' pre-Christmas rush pub crawl. I'll try to take piccies but it could get messy.

20171103_183125.jpg

OMFG

A-MAY-ZING!!

Dry and Bitter X La Pirates

Black Flag. A personal favourite that I didn't think I'd see again

13% ABV rich, chocolate, puddings. Everything from Dry and Bitter is excellent

£3.50 for a third of a pint makes it reasonable enough all things considered.
20171104_162615-COLLAGE.jpg

Top Bottom