Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just cycled thru a monsoon for this.... Lol 🤣

...... It was worth it 🍺👍

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
That looks proper delish.
Totes yumtus for sure!:okay:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
View attachment 477754

.... on the beach at Le Touquet.
A bit late now, admittedly, but there used to be a jolly nice craft(?) brewery around Le Touquet (Touquettoise, iirc). Their Biere Blanche was particularly nice. (Although reading up a bit more, looks like the Blanche is brewed in Belgium for them - explains the earthiness, reminiscent of Dentergems, iirc).

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Random budget beer post: Aldi, at least in the UK, are selling a range of canned beer. Their Redwell West Coast IPA (in an orange can, but not to be confused with their Grapefruit IPA branded something like Rubus, in a slightly lighter orange can) is a really decent beer at a really discounted price. It's vegan so there's no bits of meat floating around in it, it's also gluten free so it probably won't make decent toast but at least, it's probably mortgage free. I've no idea whether it's lead-free or excessively radioactive but it's still a very, very good beer for the price. I would have posted a picture of the can but I don't fancy rummaging around in the recycling.
That lager they do in the silver can with red writing (330ml, called something like the 1079 project) isn't bad.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I thought this was an interesting article - hazy session IPAs are the new mild;

https://boakandbailey.com/2020/01/mild-is-dead-long-live-the-new-mild/

(Although part of the reason I used to drink mild was that it was less expensive than bitter et al, leaving me half a chance of a burger from the Canadian Charcoal Pit on the way home).
There are a few pales that also fit the bill, I reckon. And the occasional mild does turn up in the craft world. Boxcar do a good one and a local beer shop teamed up with Anspach and Hobday to produce an excellent triple mashed mild with a pronounced warm maltiness.

Top Bottom