Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Northern Wave and Vocation are producing some stunning unfined DIPAs, aren't they
I actually don't remember any Northern Monk collaborations with Vocation, if that's what you meant. But I've had a couple of good Vocation beers (not that I know them very well) and I may have had one of the collaborations if they've released it as part of the Northern Monk Patrons project. Monk do like their DIPAs though. They're often so intense on the palate that I need to have something lighter on the palate in between.

SheilaH

Sorry, I meant individually, rather than collaboratively.

I first tasted a DIPA about 4 years ago at the Cloud Water taproom. Absolutely stunning. Really pleased that other more accessible brewers are stepping up to the plate.

Fergs

Guru
5197208B-C1D2-4283-8206-02F4602BEE2B.jpeg
Popped into the nano supermarket for some bits to replenish the fridge and found this on a 3-for-a-fiver deal. I can’t see the two siblings surviving long.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Following on from a previous post, where I had to admit to an unwarranted criticism of my aged employee, this one is thoroughly justified.
During another self-induced illness absence of old Scrotum, I had cause to make a second excursion into le chateau du braconnier's extensive underground network and discovered another interesting cache, presumably hidden and the forgotten by the wrinkled retainer.
He was taken into employment by my grandfather in gratitude for dragging him unconscious from a blazing brothel during the Normandy offensive, and until now I've been loath to dismiss him, but I shall have to reconsider this in view of this latest revelation.
Dammit, the most recent bottle dates from 2002, and the oldest is from 1973! The Thomas Hardy ales, whatever they are, would be celebrating their 42nd birthday this year. Needless to say, I'll have to pour them away, but I'll await Scrotum's return and pour them over his prone, whimpering torso before I show him the door.

Adam4868

Guru
Following on from a previous post, where I had to admit to an unwarranted criticism of my aged employee, this one is thoroughly justified.
During another self-induced illness absence of old Scrotum, I had cause to make a second excursion into le chateau du braconnier's extensive underground network and discovered another interesting cache, presumably hidden and the forgotten by the wrinkled retainer.
He was taken into employment by my grandfather in gratitude for dragging him unconscious from a blazing brothel during the Normandy offensive, and until now I've been loath to dismiss him, but I shall have to reconsider this in view of this latest revelation.
Dammit, the most recent bottle dates from 2002, and the oldest is from 1973! The Thomas Hardy ales, whatever they are, would be celebrating their 42nd birthday this year. Needless to say, I'll have to pour them away, but I'll await Scrotum's return and pour them over his prone, whimpering torso before I show him the door.
View attachment 574229

View attachment 574231
Love the look of the Hardy's ale 😍

Spartak