Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

Fruity little number and very quaffable, only 3.8%...:okay:

Bought it for Mrs S. as its labelled Gluten Free but when she checked the barcode on her Coeliac app it said NO.....
So I'm drinking them, luckily I bought 4 :dance:

stephec

Legendary Member
View attachment 588702

Fruity little number and very quaffable, only 3.8%...:okay:

Bought it for Mrs S. as its labelled Gluten Free but when she checked the barcode on her Coeliac app it said NO.....
So I'm drinking them, luckily I bought 4 :dance:
That's very chivalrous of you. 😊

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The fourpure oatmeal stout is readily available in asda.:laugh:
I just checked online - Asda are out of stock for this one. It looks like it was sold at £1.80 compared with LiDL's £1.49. I didn't see it in my local LiDL though. However, the Fourpure brewery and tap are only a mile or so away from here....

@stephec I don't think you got this one from Lidl

I had one last night. Strong pineapple which, combined with a fairly bitter hop, gave it a kind of all spice flavour. Interesting.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
I took your advice and skipped the shower.
View attachment 588872
Beer in the Khasi is wrong....last warning !

postman

Legendary Member
I have a taste for Spitfire,I have been supporting the local shop.£2-45 a bottle,sorry no more Aldi and Sainsbugs £1-25 ,don't mind a few pence but check nearly double.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've been foraging at Lidl, reports to follow in due course. 😊

View attachment 588653
Here we go then with the scores on the doors.

Luminous Nights - fairly unremarkable and seems to be relying on the alcohol content to bump up the flavour, I won't be buying it again.

Gear Shifter - I like citra only beers and this one doesn't disappoint, would buy again.

Stewart NEIPA - very average and I wouldn't bother with it again.

Forbidden Fruit - it's like a very watered down Elvis Juice, and whilst EJ is far too smash you in the face with it's flavour this one is too far in the opposite direction, I wouldn't say no if it was placed in front of me again but I won't be seeking it out again.

Love Lane - the lowest abv here and probably the best one of the lot, somewhere between a traditional English IPA and a more modern hoppy jobbie, very nice.

I'm now going to round the weekend off with my traditional last drink of Sunday night, Brewdog's Mr President, ding dong!

And Mrs Stephec says that for a fiver the wine was lovely. 😊

Top Bottom