Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Location
Scotland
I’ve bought a 750ml bottle of Islay Cask Wee Heavy from my newly-discovered local brewery.

It’s been in the cask for 6 months and has an ABV of 12%!

I think I'll need to wait until I've got my brothers round to share it.

Based on the tasting notes (👇), I can't wait to try it.

With alluring wafts of peat smoke and treacle, Islay whisky cask character is all over this strong Scottish Ale, brewed jointly by STF and our friends at Wilderness Brewing.

Deep mahogany in colour with flashes of auburn, the softest carbonation makes for a velvet-smooth and unctuous first sip - thick, sweet and full bodied with long and lingering flavours of dark salted chocolate, molasses, iodine and campfire smoke; of rum and raisin ice cream with sticky, fruity coffee sauce and a hint of whisky-burn. We’re in a world adjacent to the fine malt spirit that once inhabited the oak barrels that were used to condition this exceptional beer; it’s a drink to savour, sip and return to; warming, decadent, indulgent and effortlessly rewarding.

Naturally carbonated, vegan friendly

Ingredients/Allergens
Malts: Maris Otter, Aromatic, Wheat, Rye, Black
Hops: Fuggles, Magnum
Yeast: Mixed Culture
Other: Sugar
 
Top Bottom