Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Hopcraft brewery - citrus IPA 4.5%. Very hoppy if you like that sort of thing. Remind me of Oakham ales.

Attachments

• IMG_20190831_1852160.jpg
    IMG_20190831_1852160.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Amundsen Apocalyptic Thunder. A very full-flavored NEIPA
IMG_20190901_190617613.jpg

IMG_20190903_192824.jpg

Lacons Affinity.

On approaching the bar**, I must admit I had never heard of this brewer from Great Yarmouth (site of a few very happy childhood holidays) which claims to have been around since 1760.

I think it's one of those cases of an old brewery brand recently revived.

But it is a very nice beer.

https://www.lacons.co.uk/beers/seasonal/affinity

** courtesy of my local spoons, dubbed one of the finest beer altars in London by the deserters in the know. £1.99.

Last edited:
U

User169

Super fresh cans from the US - both canned less than a month ago.

On the left, Summer from Tree House (MA). A superbly made NEIPA - not many can make them this good.

On the right, Lung Bag from Tired Hands (NYC). A bit meh. Too much adjunct for me. I wouldn't have bought it had I realized how much crap they put in it - fruit juice, fruit zest and honey.

result_1567530990103.jpg

U

User169

yes I saw that - convinces me I'm not mad paying for stuff like that with cash, despite folk liking to look cool with contactless - who wants to be peering at a little screen after they have had a few?

Er, people use contactless because it's much more convenient than cash, not because they want to look "cool".

Anyway, it seems a far better approach than handing your cash over Tim Martin (massive twat for the avoidance of doubt).

If I'm stood at a bar I don't see what's so much bother to use my hand to hand over some cash before using self same hand to carry beer away.
As for the tim martin thing, cripes, what's he got to do with the matter?
A bizzare outburst.
I think you need a lie down.
Or a drink.

Top Bottom