Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Red Cat Brewing co. From our ancient capital Winchester. Mosaic pale . 4.9% APA . refreshingly bitter and easy drinking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190907-194308~2.png
    Screenshot_20190907-194308~2.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20190907_1944537.jpg
    IMG_20190907_1944537.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Those of a religious bent will recognise this Minster in a Glass. It's an Ecuanot Be Serious. American pale.
IMG_20190907_211041183.jpg

And this is a rather luscious X-parrot tropical NEIPA
IMG_20190907_201836087.jpg

Then I went for a Budweiser
IMG_20190907_210116561.jpg

U

User169

From NL's top brewery. A 13% imp stout. They've released a few versions before this, but have properly dialed it on now.

This is gorgeous. Pours very thick. Tonka not too present, loads of chocolate and coffee and manages to keep a hold of the kecap Manis flavour that mar beers like this.

A triumph!!

IMG_20190908_174209.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sue Hayward from Waen got together with Gazza Prescott from Hopcraft last year to form Team Toxic, brewing out of Liverpool. I think they might brew some Waen beers too.
That's good to know. I'm outta the Welsh loop!

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
If you're in Glasgow, then the Pot Still (old school Glaswegian boozer) in Hope Street and the Raven ( more contemporary bar,#crowsbeforehoes:okay:) in nearby Renfield Street are both well worth a visit, especially if you're catching a train from Glasgow Central station (a 5 minute walk away). You can always find some stoatin' beers at both and whisky fans will no doubt find something to interest them at the Pot Still. The Alechemy 10 Storey Malt Bomb at the Pot Still was a fine example of an 80 shilling beer, though Stewart Brewing's effort is IMO the best (80 shilling btw is a classic Scottish dark beer style, not as bitter as a bitter, usually lower in ABV than the amusingly named Wee Heavy ). IIRC Fyne Ales have done a good one as well.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Random budget beer post: Aldi, at least in the UK, are selling a range of canned beer. Their Redwell West Coast IPA (in an orange can, but not to be confused with their Grapefruit IPA branded something like Rubus, in a slightly lighter orange can) is a really decent beer at a really discounted price. It's vegan so there's no bits of meat floating around in it, it's also gluten free so it probably won't make decent toast but at least, it's probably mortgage free. I've no idea whether it's lead-free or excessively radioactive but it's still a very, very good beer for the price. I would have posted a picture of the can but I don't fancy rummaging around in the recycling.

Spartak