BEES....have you noticed the size of them this month ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
There were a coupe of massive ones on the Hellibores when I fed the birds this morning.

During lockdown there was a bee ID course on the Internet that we did. There are quite a few kinds to spot.

https://www.bumblebeeconservation.org/bumblebee-species-guide/

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The last couple of months they've been emerging from the loft into the house*. Some are enormous, but they're usually v sleepy and easy to catch/evict.

*huh, the hatch STILL isn't closing properly

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've seen some rather large Bs on Tiktok as well

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've had a wasp or two in the house. We leave the conservatory window open for the cat's to get into their 'run', but a few wass cme in that way, and usually end up buzzing around our 7ft tall arched window at the front of the house.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Yes i have,

Had one roaming around the house that sounded like a GAU-8 dispensing large doses of freedom by the tipper truck load

Couldnt see it at first. But it slowly got close enough for me to judge that it was as big is my thumb

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had a few bumble bees prospecting around and know where at least one is proposing to set up home. I try to keep them out of my shed as I don't want to leave the door open all summer. Had a nest under the step of a store at my old workshop. My wildlife pal advised me to keep quiet about it or the greenies would have me shut down in case of disturbance. They were not bothered about people stepping over their entrance and came back for several years.:smile:

Gillstay

Über Member
Best thing if you see one looking a bit cold and out of sorts is give it at tiny bit of honey or sugar water and watch how fast they recover. Its so quick, from barely able to move to zooming way.

Top Bottom