BEES....have you noticed the size of them this month ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, I have noticed a mega one near the borage (spelling?) flowers I planted last year.
Thing is, the plant has not flowered yet, maybe the bee was hibernating in the vicinity?
I leave my garden messy till spring, for the insects to hibernate under the leaves etc. ^_^

postman

Legendary Member

i know look at the size of this one,it landed on our mantelpiece this morning.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a bee incident early this morning. I fancied some wheatabix type biscuits before I went to bed. As I reached for them I saw a 'massive' bee (or was it a wasp?🤔) on the box🐝.:ohmy: My first thoughts were sod the biscuits, how can I go to bed with that monster flying round my flat!:unsure: This bee/wasp was trying frantically to get inside the box. Now I could've gone to bed and just hoped it stayed on the box, but what happens if it gets very mad and decides to fly round my flat looking for trouble I thought.:ninja: I then made the decision to evoke my only kill when my life's in immediate danger, or when desperate for survival food rule! I went to my armaments cupboard and took out the RAID! I gave the bee/wasp a quick blast. It immediately flew at me, so I gave it another blast. I have poor depth/width perception due to having only one working eye, so after I gave it a second blast it disappeared from my vision. Where it landed I do not know and I must say I went to bed hiding under the covers with my Raid by my side!:unsure: I felt bad killing it, but if it stung me while I was asleep and I had some kind of reaction to the sting, living alone I could be in trouble.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The cherry blossom trees outside my flat attract bees and other 'danger to life' flying insects. If I'd have opened some windows, hoping it'd fly out that could've resulted in more flying in!!:unsure:

1650462164604.png

1650462304359.png

Last edited:
I once bought a dozen bees to try an make some honey. When I got home, i realised there were 13, so being honest, I rang the shop to let them know. He said it was a freebie. :becool:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That is obviously a Specsavers joke, isn't it? :whistle:

If that was a bee, then we have just lost the world's greatest wasp impersonator! :laugh:

So, wasps out in April eh. I thought they came out late in the summer?🤔

I don't feel so bad about 'wasting' a wasp as I would a bee. That wasp was getting pretty mad about not being able to get at those weetabix type biscuits. I reckon it would've gone for me when I was asleep.

Gillstay

Über Member
So, wasps out in April eh. I thought they came out late in the summer?🤔

I don't feel so bad about 'wasting' a wasp as I would a bee. That wasp was getting pretty mad about not being able to get at those weetabix type biscuits. I reckon it would've gone for me when I was asleep.

If they came out late in the summer they would not have time to complete their life cycle. Bumble bees have often completed theirs way before late summer.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
These big bees are actually a Google spy network clocking your every move when not on t'internet. The CIA are also into them and are working on developing even smaller more normal size bees that you won't notice.

Note for conspiracy theorists - this is really really true

Top Bottom