Beginner cyclist what cycle to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

tilly

Ok so the triban has more gears and is lighter also cheaper! Help guys triban or C

stephen.rooke

ive got a triban, rides like a much more expensive bike. fast, light, good on hills, what more can you want for £300 :d

stephen.rooke

average speed to work on the triban is actually higher than my last bike which was an £800 boardman because the aerodynamic profle is better. should release a versions with srams or shimano 106 etc and they would be the best selling bikes in the country

Raging Squirrel

i'd actually consider buyong one and putting all the good stuff on it myself, imagine what you could get out of it with better gearsets and aftermarket tyres

stephen.rooke

average speed to work on the triban is actually higher than my last bike which was an £800 boardman because the aerodynamic profle is better. should release a versions with srams or shimano 106 etc and they would be the best selling bikes in the country

just checked the website and they do lol. shame alo of people dont know about there bikes. they do amazing things for very little money

stephen.rooke

i'd actually consider buyong one and putting all the good stuff on it myself, imagine what you could get out of it with better gearsets and aftermarket tyres

could do witha bigger gear on the top end, i tend to spin out on the really big decents and have to pedal like a mad man. same with most lower priced bikes tho as there aimed at riders who wont use the biggest gears

Raging Squirrel

OP....have a look at this months Cycling Active magazine (page 58). The Triban 3 got a 92% scoring over 3 other, more expensive bikes. The editor of the magazine actually went out and bought one because it did that well in the trial.

Top Bottom