Beginner MTB, a few choices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisuren

As the title says, I'm looking to get a Mountain bike without spending a fortune (£350 is pretty much the ceiling) and have stumbled across a few bikes..

- Carerra Venegance MTB - £300 (With £20 off for ordering online) from Halfrauds (I would get them to build it for me then probably take it to an independent store too check over it)

or

-Marin Mandrone Trail HT mountain bike - £300 - Unwanted gift from someone on Gumtree.

What would you guys recommended for the best 'entry level' mountain bike?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

The Decathlon is good spec for the money.

Worth looking for a clearance/last year's model bike, although the better value there is higher up the price scale.

This Bianchi from Evans is a bit unusual.

The spec is also good for the money, but no better than the Decathlon.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/kuma-273-2014-mountain-bike-ec105687#features

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
With that sort of budget, you may get a better bike if you buy secondhand, or as Pale Rider said, a clearance model from last years range, if you can find any left! Good luck with the search...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Listen to everyone else and then do what @Cubist suggests.

Unless you know second hand bikes, and unless you can smell a stolen one, don't go secondhand.

Custom24

Über Member
Calibre two two from GoOutdoors. . Seriously.
That does look great for the money.

sheffgirl

I had a Rockrider, served me well for 3000 miles, until I got knocked off it and it was damaged beyond repair.
I did find it a little twitchy for my liking on the rougher stuff (Langsett).

Top Bottom