Beginner Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Like others, my only advice is to take it easy to begin with. Just get used to enjoying being on the bike. If you enjoy it, you'll start doing it more and more. Then you'll be getting the miles in. Some people get fast. I never quite got to that stage.:smile:

Build up time and miles gradually but sort diet out asap. Every fitness fanatic will tell you that their "gains" are made in the kitchen.

But what about people that are useless at cooking for whatever reason? Healthy eating seems to be a science in itself these days. Never mind the fact that I find vegetables mingin. I love fruit tho.

Check this out. Thats why I cant do it.

Focus on enjoying your cycling, building up the miles and work on the reasons why you eat too much. That way it will be a longterm fix.

People eat too much because they are frequently hungry. No idea how often that hunger is real, or that psychological stuff, cravings etc.

nickAKA

Über Member
But what about people that are useless at cooking for whatever reason? Healthy eating seems to be a science in itself these days. Never mind the fact that I find vegetables mingin. I love fruit tho.

Check this out. Thats why I cant do it.

People eat too much because they are frequently hungry. No idea how often that hunger is real, or that psychological stuff, cravings etc.

I can only speak for myself but what I've found is that feeling of hunger at random/regular times during the day can become just a state of mind, given time.
When I'm mega busy at work I don't even think about eating; for a lengthy period a few years back this got me into the habit of generally not eating at lunch times. I have a bit more time nowadays but that habit of eating a sandwich at lunch time has gone. I wouldn't suggest skipping a meal a day as a solution for everyone but it works for me - I rarely miss it. Cutting out that bread is such a blindingly obvious thing to do as well, I sometimes have a protein / cereal bar but that's about it.

I can cook a bit (as can the wife) so evening meals are pre-planned & largely pre-prepared, I look forward to getting home to eat. Made a big pot of meatballs in tomato sauce and a chicken curry yesterday which will do us most of the week so it's dead simple.

(confession: if I'm on the road I have been known to go though a popular fast food drive through, I'm definitely not a paragon of virtue... )

Top Bottom