Beginners basic home tool kit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
has anybody mentioned cheater bar. One of my favourite tools. Used for removing freehubs and BB fixed cups.

7016342129_eb25f6bd38_b.jpg

tamiya

has anybody mentioned cheater bar. One of my favourite tools. Used for removing freehubs and BB fixed cups.

when you've got an old faithful frame that's beyond redemption... chop out its tubes to live on as tools :hungry:

byegad

Legendary Member
I bought a cheap set from one of the online retailers. the whole thing was £25 some 15+ yrs ago. The allen keys wore out in a couple of yrs and I bought a good set, most of the set is still intact, although I've added some bits and replaced others over the years.

If working on older bikes then a big adjustable (Bahco) and a headset spanner are needed and thin cone spanners.
+1 for bahco for holding tool for non external bearing bottom bracket removal. Quality item. Most adjustables have the dreaded jaw wobble.

edit

acqueous cream cheap stuff - not high class moisturiser - available from pound shops or lidl - got the idea after discovering that swargega did a "barrier cream".

I base my theory on the (maybe hopeful) idea that modern legislation wouldn't let folk sell most day to day greases that were actually seriously dangerous.

Warning - no brexit comments please - never stopped the ndrangheta poisoning Italian mozarella.

Top Bottom