Beginners tool kit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris9181

I'm a bit of a novice and wondered if you could recommend a kit to take on rides, tyre leavers, essential tools etc?

Would you suggest an all in one kit or separate?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
If you have a read at this thread it might answer some of your questions.
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/stupid-girly-question-re-tools.151084/

Cycleops

Legendary Member
On a day ride you will need a multi tool, two plastic tyre levers, small frame pump, spare tube & punc. kit. When buying tools for your workshop buy the best you can afford, you will never regret. First on the list should be a decent track pump.

oldroadman

Veteran
On a day ride you will need a multi tool, two plastic tyre levers, small frame pump, spare tube & punc. kit. When buying tools for your workshop buy the best you can afford, you will never regret. First on the list should be a decent track pump.
+ lots...cheap stuff simply breaks/fails, good kit lasts almost indefinitely.

charlieivan

I would recommend having metal tyre levers. I have never successfully removed a tyre with plastic levers, especially on a warm day as they bend too easily.

Top Bottom