Being yelled at and perceptions of cyclists....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Take down the reg and complain to the police.

S59 Police Reform ACT IIRC

Origamist

Legendary Member
Register on the TRL site to read the full doc:

Driver's perceptions of cyclists

This report describes research that examined the attitude and behaviour of drivers towards cycle users. A range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques was used, including the use of virtual reality equipment to simulate encounters between drivers and cyclists. Variations in driver attitude and behaviour based on a number of factors, including physical infrastructure and cyclists behaviour were examined. The research also examined the effectiveness of two different approaches to improving drivers' consideration of the needs of cyclists. The report makes recommendations to improve driver training, for the layout of roads and for future campaigns to raise awareness of cyclists among drivers

http://www.trl.co.uk/online_store/r...ty/report_drivers_perceptions_of_cyclists.htm

Origamist

Legendary Member
Register on the TRL site to read the full doc:

Driver's perceptions of cyclists

This report describes research that examined the attitude and behaviour of drivers towards cycle users. A range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques was used, including the use of virtual reality equipment to simulate encounters between drivers and cyclists. Variations in driver attitude and behaviour based on a number of factors, including physical infrastructure and cyclists behaviour were examined. The research also examined the effectiveness of two different approaches to improving drivers' consideration of the needs of cyclists. The report makes recommendations to improve driver training, for the layout of roads and for future campaigns to raise awareness of cyclists among drivers

http://www.trl.co.uk/online_store/r...ty/report_drivers_perceptions_of_cyclists.htm

Arch

Married to Night Train
kevin_cambs_uk said:
I gave up trying to work out why,
last couple of weeks its been twat and self-gratification artist for no reason I can fathom

what is wrong with this country?

There are too many twats and self-gratification artists? Alas, none of them have the self awareness to recognise themselves...

Arch

Married to Night Train
kevin_cambs_uk said:
I gave up trying to work out why,
last couple of weeks its been twat and self-gratification artist for no reason I can fathom

There are too many twats and self-gratification artists? Alas, none of them have the self awareness to recognise themselves...

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
kevin_cambs_uk said:

We are an island nation floating in the north Atlantic. A proportion of the people on the island are styrofoam and will float easily, the rest are ball bearings and will sink immediately. Trouble is, more people are adopting the ball bearing mentality and therfore the bouyancy of the country is being undermined by twottishness. But the twots can't see it.

Life's too short to be a ball bearing, go styrofoam.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
kevin_cambs_uk said:

We are an island nation floating in the north Atlantic. A proportion of the people on the island are styrofoam and will float easily, the rest are ball bearings and will sink immediately. Trouble is, more people are adopting the ball bearing mentality and therfore the bouyancy of the country is being undermined by twottishness. But the twots can't see it.

Life's too short to be a ball bearing, go styrofoam.

trsleigh

bromptonfb said:
Fat bold old bloke on a tiny wheeled bike with a silly big bag on the front...i get taunts all the time. part of cycling i think.

Reading these posts I do sometimes wonder if London in general is less deranged than most of the rest of the country. As a fat, not bald, oldish bloke on a tiny wheeled bike with a silly big bag on the front, I cannot recall any stupid comments in four years of Bromptoneering around West London / West End. :blush:

I suppose it just could be that the sheer numbers of Bromptons have overwhelmed the local morons.

trsleigh

bromptonfb said:
Fat bold old bloke on a tiny wheeled bike with a silly big bag on the front...i get taunts all the time. part of cycling i think.

Reading these posts I do sometimes wonder if London in general is less deranged than most of the rest of the country. As a fat, not bald, oldish bloke on a tiny wheeled bike with a silly big bag on the front, I cannot recall any stupid comments in four years of Bromptoneering around West London / West End. :rofl:

I suppose it just could be that the sheer numbers of Bromptons have overwhelmed the local morons.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you think you get shouted at a lot riding an upright, try riding a recumbent. So many toots and shouts that I'm getting really good at blanking the lot.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you think you get shouted at a lot riding an upright, try riding a recumbent. So many toots and shouts that I'm getting really good at blanking the lot.

Top Bottom