Bell recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
The time has come that I give in and purchase a bell for my bike. However there are a million different ones on the market so was wondering if anyone can recommend one.

I would like the type that rings rather than one with a single strike and would need to be small as I am running out of real estate on the handlebars. The most important is that its not loose and making a noise when riding off road.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The time has come that I give in and purchase a bell for my bike. However there are a million different ones on the market so was wondering if anyone can recommend one.

I would like the type that rings rather than one with a single strike and would need to be small as I am running out of real estate on the handlebars. The most important is that its not loose and making a noise when riding off road.

I think you might struggle to find a bell of the ringing type that is also small.
If you could be convinced that a single strike bell is much nicer, then you NEED a Crane bell. Proper brass single strike bell, which also works when wet unlike most others. Not the cheapest, but they are good. Buy one here.

I have one on my MTB .......

IMG_1920_zpsydcq4fsd.jpg

carcharodon

Best to get an actual bell and not some modern art/marketing hype/ type product, (that does not cut it sound-wise)
Cranes work. BBB's, Zefals OK also? + cheap.

dim

I think you might struggle to find a bell of the ringing type that is also small.
If you could be convinced that a single strike bell is much nicer, then you NEED a Crane bell. Proper brass single strike bell, which also works when wet unlike most others. Not the cheapest, but they are good. Buy one here.

I have one on my MTB .......

IMG_1920_zpsydcq4fsd.jpg

you beat me to it .... Crane Brass bell .... best sounding bell in the world and handmade in Japan .... they are class ...

there are a few models though so do your research (the brass ones sound the best)... when you ring it, people 'jump' :tongue:

here's mine on my Surly:
PORZG2EQK2FBEZ020sfE_mkIV6FByjqWpKjf9zlZZRQ-2048x1536.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1920_zpsydcq4fsd.jpg
    IMG_1920_zpsydcq4fsd.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 40
  • PORZG2EQK2FBEZ020sfE_mkIV6FByjqWpKjf9zlZZRQ-2048x1536.jpg
    PORZG2EQK2FBEZ020sfE_mkIV6FByjqWpKjf9zlZZRQ-2048x1536.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Didn't realise I hadn't updated this with what I bought. I ended up buying the one you have just linked to @User46386 It's a great bell and almost an identical rip off of the Spurcycle bell. I would have bought the Spurcycle if I had money to burn but couldn't justify the cost.

Top Bottom