Belt drive gravel/hybrid bike advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Thanks for the advice folks.

As far as maintenance goes, I know a couple of places locally who can service so covered there.

That Spot bike looks good but I don't fancy dealing with import charges so think thats out.

It looks like I could get a new Shand bike which is essentially the Leveret but with the fork from the Stooshie. Its a bit over budget - £2500
Other options are the Canyon Commuter 7 (£1750), the Bad Boy 1 (£2000), or Cube Editor (£1800).

Of these, any opinions?

I reckon they are all fairly well priced as that would be my order of preference from most expensive down.

Sake, I'm turning into Mrs Slick. :laugh:

Thanks for the advice folks.

As far as maintenance goes, I know a couple of places locally who can service so covered there.

That Spot bike looks good but I don't fancy dealing with import charges so think thats out.

It looks like I could get a new Shand bike which is essentially the Leveret but with the fork from the Stooshie. Its a bit over budget - £2500
Other options are the Canyon Commuter 7 (£1750), the Bad Boy 1 (£2000), or Cube Editor (£1800).

Of these, any opinions?

The Bad Boy 1 can often be got new for £1,800 or less. Personally I like things that are a little different so that would be my choice. It does only come in black so that might put some people off.

OP
OP
P

pezmm

The Bad Boy 1 can often be got new for £1,800 or less. Personally I like things that are a little different so that would be my choice. It does only come in black so that might put some people off.

Me too, it appeals to me!
Just looking at the gearing range of the Alfine 8, found a website that said the gear ratio ranges from 0.527 to 1.615. I'm struggling to relate that to my current bike which is a really old Ridgeback with 3x8 gears. Is the overall range likely to be similar?

I looked at something similar a few years ago and had an Excel spreadsheet to work out the gear inch range compared to my other bikes as I found that easiest to get the best comparison with something I know.

Along with the Alfine 8 gear ratios you need to factor in the number of teeth on the front and rear of the drivetrain and the diameter of the wheels.

Me too, it appeals to me!
Just looking at the gearing range of the Alfine 8, found a website that said the gear ratio ranges from 0.527 to 1.615. I'm struggling to relate that to my current bike which is a really old Ridgeback with 3x8 gears. Is the overall range likely to be similar?

I looked at something similar a few years ago and had an Excel spreadsheet to work out the gear inch range compared to my other bikes as I found that easiest to get the best comparison with something I know.

Along with the Alfine 8 gear ratios you need to factor in the number of teeth on the front and rear of the drivetrain and the diameter of the wheels.
I had an Alfine 8 equipped bike for a while, the easiest way to change the ratios is swapping out the rear sprocket, Shimano make a range of sprockets to suit.

Top Bottom