Benefits of new wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You will feel the difference when you fit the zonda's
And i love my carbone sle, Don't see where you would get better for your money.:okay:

Citius

So why does my hand built wheels roll better than my stock wheels with the same tyres and why do my zonda's roll better than my stock wheels again with the same tyres

Wheels in isolation do not have a 'rolling resistance' quotient. I'm not suggesting that your bike will not 'feel better' with quality wheels on it, but your use of the word 'roll' (assuming we take it in the context of 'rolling resistance') is potentially misleading.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It did not mislead me^_^
Wheels in isolation do not have a 'rolling resistance' quotient. I'm not suggesting that your bike will not 'feel better' with quality wheels on it, but your use of the word 'roll' (assuming we take it in the context of 'rolling resistance') is potentially misleading.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Perhaps you guys missed this thread on exactly the same topic?

I did miss that. Thanks for the pointer. Interesting stuff. I don't claim to have any technical expertise on this subject, previous reply is based purely on the feel of different wheels I've ridden, which I appreciate is Not Exactly Scientific. I'll shut up now and leave it to people who seem to know what they're talking about.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The Giant wheels on the Propel I was riding the other week were farking garbage (shame as the bike itself seemed pretty nice), the spoke tension was ridiculously low. If these are representative of typical Giant stock wheels try having them re-tensioned and see how they are before upgrading? Also invest in some nice tyres!

Tojo

Über Member
I'm really after getting a set of zonda's. I've currently got the standard Giant TCR wheelset.

I know the zonda's are lighter and stronger but do they feel lighter? Will I actually feel the benefit? Or will it just happen over time just like losing weight off the body so it just feels 'normal'.

No idea as I've never had decent wheels before!

I had a pair of Shimano RS010 on my bike for the miserable weather now its better I've put my Zondas back on and noticed the differance straight away so I would say you WILL def notice a difference especially over the cheap and nasty:crazy: wheels they bung on bikes.

Top Bottom