Benefits of wearing a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

Well you are selling something, there is self promotion in this somewhere.

You sell the things or you are involved in something that gets a financial kick from it somewhere along the line, even of it's just a medical study or a pressure group looking for funding.

When you want to come clean get back to us.

I'm sorry your self claimed critical analysis of research is considered waffle by me, but as somebody once said, that's life

I think we will let your stance that looking at evidence, critically analysing its strengths and weaknesses, then making decisions based on the analysis is "waffle" speak for itself. Thank you for stating this so clearly

The need to be able to look at evidence and to analyse where it succeeds or fails is an essential skill and what will allow evaluation of evidence in a thread.

I suspect that most other contributors will agree on the importance of such evaluation

The original post was a response to your question and the unfounded claim that it had not been answered.

The "off topic" discussion of whether we should accept medical evidence on face value was yours!

You then simply dismissed a reasonable and valid response as "waffle" because it was not what you wanted.

Yet again dismissing something that is uncomfortable as "off topic" is really a weak way of avoiding discussion of a matter that you raised.

Well you are selling something, there is self promotion in this somewhere.

You sell the things or you are involved in something that gets a financial kick from it somewhere along the line, even of it's just a medical study or a pressure group looking for funding.

When you want to come clean get back to us.

The industry may be "cynical" but they know when their interests lie.

Have a look at "BikeBiz" and you will find that the bicycle industry as a whole is happy to provide and sell helmets along with other kit.

However the industry as a whole recognises that pro-compulsion, or promoting the concept that cycling is dangerous enough to require a helmet every ride is counter-productive.

The industry appears to take seriously the evidence that the number of cyclists would significantly reduce the number of bicycles and accessories sold, and the income reduce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom