Bent rim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dwn

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a schwalbe g one 30c tyre fitted to a new fulcrum wheel. Having left it a few days, I thought I'd have another go today but have noticed a bend in the wheel rim (See photos).

Is this the sort of thing that tyre levers could do?

Thanks

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The photos are a bit over exposed, can you try again?

Reactions: Dwn
OP
OP
Dwn

Dwn

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200704_115319.jpg
    MVIMG_20200704_115319.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
  • MVIMG_20200704_115313.jpg
    MVIMG_20200704_115313.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 16

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If it's a disc-brake wheel you might be able to rescue it, but I doubt you'd be able to straighten it enough for rim-brakes.

OP
OP
Dwn

Dwn

Thanks for confirming. These wheels have been a total hassle tbh, so I'm just going to leave the originals on. I'll get on touch with wiggle but I'm doubtful that it will be easily resolved in my favour since my repeated failed attempts at putting on the tyres have left the wheels less than cosmetically pristine.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'd have a go at straightening it.

Some manufacturers have a crash replacement policy. Might be worth looking if yours have it.
You did run into a big pothole, didn't you?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Clamp it in a bench vice, and you should be able to get the worst out. i got quite a bad ding out of a steel Raleigh Pioneer wheel that I put into a large pothole a while back. You could still tell it it had been bashed, but the brakes didn't vibrate enough to worry about.

OP
OP
Dwn

Dwn

Clamp it in a bench vice, and you should be able to get the worst out. i got quite a bad ding out of a steel Raleigh Pioneer wheel that I put into a large pothole a while back. You could still tell it it had been bashed, but the brakes didn't vibrate enough to worry about.
It's a disc brake wheel - does that make it a little more tolerant of imperfections?

Top Bottom