Berto Tyre Pressure App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
eEOdAs5SrAwUiLW34k1Jva2_FSFEY0k69ItDtzgGnizGCmwu5FQzTOVye43E2GqLpQw

So on a modern race bike, we should have the rear to 90psi and the front at 57psi..

I know what it's like to ride a 23mm front tyre at such a pressure, and it's not what I would call responsive.

Drago

Legendary Member
Can you program it to account for rider weight? 90psi would have me squashing the tyres down to the rims.

Edit - I see that you can. Most interesting.

OP
OP
Stonepark

Stonepark

Über Member
eEOdAs5SrAwUiLW34k1Jva2_FSFEY0k69ItDtzgGnizGCmwu5FQzTOVye43E2GqLpQw

So on a modern race bike, we should have the rear to 90psi and the front at 57psi..

I know what it's like to ride a 23mm front tyre at such a pressure, and it's not what I would call responsive.

When I put in modern racer and 23mm tyres, with rider weight of 150lb, bike weight 25lb, I get tyre pressures as follows front - 70psi, back - 110psi.

For the above picture the wheels would have to be 25mm, and the bike 20lbs in weight.

That is a stock picture from the site, the settings for tyre width, bike profile, rider weight and bike weight are customisable.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
load of old bollocks. on road bike with 700cx23 tyres, i religiously put 120 in the rear and 100 in the front. a visit from the p fairly means a) i forgot to do that or b) that the tyres a firked…

next they'll come up with an app that tells you where to put your arse on the saddle :rolleyes:

these new fangled touch screens will have their uses one day :whistle:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Vittoria do one for iOS as well.

Is it free or do you have to pay? The profit margin's on this stuff must be huge. Surprises me how willing people are to throw money at crap like this, of all the things on my bike, tyre pressure is pretty much one of my least concerns, the tyres (one's I am currently looking at, cheapies, Schwalbe Lugano) say min pressure 85 psi, max pressure 110 psi, okay, hit somewhere in that range and you are good to go. If you want to be clever, average the two numbers and go from their as a starting point! Could it get any easier?

If you find the minimum pressure uncomfortable, then you either have your bike set up badly, or you really need to assess what you thought a road bike was going to feel like in the 1st place!

No idea where a mobile phone comes into this! I'd rather buy a coffee!

jaynana

Sod it, 100-110psi, front and rear, checked by hand daily and topped up / checked by gauge at the first doubt - keep the snakebites at bay.

that's what i do as well :smile:, keeps the snakes away and also keeps life from getting overly complicated :smile:

j

Top Bottom