Best 11 Speed Chain for Ultegra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Or even just use Shimano’s quick link. Either will work.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What's wrong with an Ultegra chain? I've just fitted one to my Ultegra chainset and it's working perfectly.

bpsmith

Veteran
What's wrong with an Ultegra chain? I've just fitted one to my Ultegra chainset and it's working perfectly.
Absolutely nothing at all. I am using an Ultegra at present, as price was right at the time. I prefer the Ultegra to the KMC that came with the other bike in fact.

normgow

Guru
I don't know which the best chain would be but for me the best link is the Connex from Wippermann. Easy to assemble, easy to dis-assemble and is re-usable which makes chain cleaning easy. The hot wax treatment seems to prolong chain life but best not to do this in the kitchen.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I don't know which the best chain would be but for me the best link is the Connex from Wippermann. Easy to assemble, easy to dis-assemble and is re-usable which makes chain cleaning easy. The hot wax treatment seems to prolong chain life but best not to do this in the kitchen.
Expensive, but are they reuseable? Might be worth the expense if they are as (according to KMC) KMC 11 speed links are single use.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
A number of retailers list them as reusable. Non of the 11 speed links on the KMC website are listed as such though, and interestingly the link illustrated on the Evans page carries exactly the same markings as the 'MissingLink 11 PRO Silver non-reusable' link shown on the KMC webpage? (However I would reuse them myself too)

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Ended up with a little gold number from KMC

Top Bottom