Best all round performance road tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
226.4g according to my digital scales :thumbsup:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I had one within seconds of leaving my front door on the zx . Unlucky maybe but .....

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Hopefully it was just an unlucky tube fitting :/ I've got the funds at the moment to get what I desire tyre wise so do I play it safe and get an everyday tyre or do I get the fastest and lightest available for the new bike... Decisions!!

Had many punctures @wam68
Never had a puncture with them but they don't last long. Maybe 500 mile before they are replaced. I treat them as a race / TT tyre. Nothing more but I do love em. Planet X have great deals on them now and again at 14.99 each. You should wait on one of those deals to come and in the meantime look at something else. I'll let you know when I see a deal in them. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I think there are some 24mm specialized tyres that are very well regarded

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/s-works-turbo/35572/2015equiptiresroadcompete

They do a 24mm and a 26mm. I have the 24 and its the best tyre I have ridden, in the dry. I don't have personal knowledge of wet performance as they are on my Zipps which have know acquaintance with h20.

I did ask mr.H aboutr they wet and he was less enthusiastic, saying "Grip is ok, but they do cut up more in the wet". At that price I want them to last.

Mr .Hs` review...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/specialized-s-works-turbo-24c-x-700.132842/

screenman

Legendary Member
Hopefully it was just an unlucky tube fitting :/ I've got the funds at the moment to get what I desire tyre wise so do I play it safe and get an everyday tyre or do I get the fastest and lightest available for the new bike... Decisions!!

Are you the fasted and lightest you can be, before you get on the bike.

To win you have to finish.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Every little helps, if I can have the fastest I'll have it, might make little difference but it's nice to know I'm riding the fastest I can afford

Top Bottom