Best all round performance road tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Id gladly try 28mm as the upgrade to 25 was great unsure if they would fit though

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Didnt gamble and went with what i know so chose pro4 hoping for a better life than the low milege zlx.
went with the service course in 25c but was on ages deciding between the good looks of the 23 red and comfort of 25 black.. Comfort won... I must be getting old lol!

lesley_x

Über Member
Didnt gamble and went with what i know so chose pro4 hoping for a better life than the low milege zlx.
went with the service course in 25c but was on ages deciding between the good looks of the 23 red and comfort of 25 black.. Comfort won... I must be getting old lol!

I went the other way 25c to 23c and don't notice much difference in comfort tbh. I had to get 23s for brake clearance anyway.

I think you were just unlucky with the split sidewall. A lot of your stuff seems to fail spectacularly :laugh: I've been very impressed with my service course tyres!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Im an unlucky person! Im obsessive about maintaining the bikes aswell the tyres always get a good scrub after most rides!

Nytsom

Seems you've had a great deal of experience with road tyres; I suggest you go with what you've tried and tested. Conti 4000s would be my choice with latex tubes..

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Ive stuck with latex tubes although ive only ever used michelin ive gone with vittoria as they are lighter and apparently better according to most reviews :smile:

Citius

Conti GP4000S would be my choice. Tube choice is going to make very little difference to performance, although you will lose a lot more pressure, more quickly, with latex.

Citius

I don't really see how latex would add to the comfort - that is more a function of the tyre's construction and ability to deform under load. The tube just holds the air that keeps the tyre inflated. Latex tubes are typically slightly lighter, so there may be a marginal weight advantage (we're talking grams), but I've never heard meantion of a 'comfort' advantage before.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Latex tubes are much more flexible, and add that to any light tyre, the ride is super. The thing you do notice is the noise. You get a 'whooosh' from the tyre as it runs.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
They take away most of the road buzz and they do make a different noise lol sounds really bouncy if you flick them like a basketball or something

Citius

Blimey - you lot have too much time on your hands. If I ever notice a difference with latex tubes, I'll let you know.

Top Bottom