Best Anti Ageing advice ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I believe the study for that was professional cyclists who are pushing their bodies limits and did very little (became sedentary) when not putting in the long hours of cycle training.

For leisure cyclists like ourselves who also likely walk about a fair bit as well, and don’t push the body’s resources to the limit, bone density is not a problem.

Sedentary people should be far more worried about bone density.

And people who to put off ageing need more than cycling to keep them strong and supple.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
And people who to put off ageing need more than cycling to keep them strong and supple.

Absolutely, active in many ways, which complement each other.

Surround yourself with older, less fit people?

Medics sometimes express mild surprise that at the age of 63 I'm not taking any permanent medication.
Bloody hell.
That's either a terrible statement on the health/self abuse of brits or a terrible reflection on the prescribing enthusiasms of brit doctors.
Avoid regular meds as long as possible is my intention, cycle, drop dead.

Jet black hair dye and dark glasses appears to be the rock star solution to ageing.
And black clothes.
Tho unfortunately that tends to suggest to me an overweight theatrical type porker trying to hide it so it could be seen as kinda counter productive.
I type this by the way dressed all in black tho thanks to cycling not quite a porker.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
And black clothes.
Tho unfortunately that tends to suggest to me an overweight theatrical type porker trying to hide it so it could be seen as kinda counter productive.
I type this by the way dressed all in black tho thanks to cycling not quite a porker.
He looks too good for 79!

Julia9054

Guru
Bloody hell.
That's either a terrible statement on the health/self abuse of brits or a terrible reflection on the prescribing enthusiasms of brit doctors.
Avoid regular meds as long as possible is my intention, cycle, drop dead.
Some of us rely on our regular meds. My asthma medication - which I have been on since the age of 7 - enables me to function. Without it, I would have been seriously disabled or dead long ago. There are side effects - a high resting heart rate and associated inefficiency for one - but that is balanced by being able to function. I am probably at the fitter end of women my age.

Some of us rely on our regular meds. My asthma medication - which I have been on since the age of 7 - enables me to function. Without it, I would have been seriously disabled or dead long ago. There are side effects - a high resting heart rate and associated inefficiency for one - but that is balanced by being able to function. I am probably at the fitter end of women my age.
Well it wasn't a total general statement julia. Clearly medical science is a wonderful thing. But i do think a lot of brits are pill popping because of various self inflicted things.

difference... he has four kids and a proper career. I have no kids and work in a shop :okay:
:smile:
The small son (who i got on well with) of a good friend of mine once told me, in the presence of his dad, that i seemed younger and more interesting than his dad. "Yes but he's got you" i felt honour bound to tell him.

I know about that. I was making the point that cycling does do a lot for cardiovascular fitness/health.

I wasn't saying that other activities can't make a bigger difference overall.

PS A great combination would be to do triathlon, yoga, and some weights!
Am sure weights, in moderation are good, and muscle tone definitely makes folk look better, but despite its benefits and impressive results on our yorkshire pal upthread i'm not going to be lifting weights. Sod that.

Top Bottom