Best Anti Ageing advice ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Well it wasn't a total general statement julia. Clearly medical science is a wonderful thing. But i do think a lot of brits are pill popping because of various self inflicted things.
Some of those can be genetic too. Al and I have a very similar diet, alcohol intake and level of fitness. My blood pressure has always been rock steady, he needs two lots of pills to control his.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Regular walking and cycling are good because they strengthen your glutes, which gives you fitness, good posture and good shape. Everybody is familiar with blokes whose bellies overhang their belts while their jeans hang straight down behind for lack of gluteal muscle.

Regular walking and cycling are good because they strengthen your glutes, which gives you fitness, good posture and good shape. Everybody is familiar with blokes whose bellies overhang their belts while their jeans hang straight down behind for lack of gluteal muscle.
While i liked your post, for there's much truth in it and you clearly spend a lot of research time looking at mens' arses, the glutes thing can i think also have a genetic component. (Research from looking at/comparing some (smallish sample) women.

Julia9054

Guru
While i liked your post, for there's much truth in it and you clearly spend a lot of research time looking at mens' arses, the glutes thing can i think also have a genetic component. (Research from looking at/comparing some (smallish sample) women.
As you age, you lose muscle. I weigh exactly the same as I did 25 years ago but my shape has definitely changed slightly. I am ”squishier” and my arse is definitely flatter than it was despite lots of cycling now vs an extremely sedentary lifestyle 25 years ago.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Take early retirement from work if posible. A number of those I have worked with over the years have taken this option or gone out under voluntary schemes and appear to look a whole lot better for it.

MarkF

Guru
Am sure weights, in moderation are good, and muscle tone definitely makes folk look better, but despite its benefits and impressive results on our yorkshire pal upthread i'm not going to be lifting weights. Sod that.

Past 40 if you don't use them you'll get "spindlier" and I have no intention of doing that. I am not a gym rat and don't go in to bench press 100's of kg's, I just work out with free weights and I am in better shape than when I was at 25 and I was in good shape then.

I agree with your doc/medicine musings, unless something is wrong or your blood is pouring out, stay away from doctors and medicine and fight tooth and nail to stay out of hospital. I've never taken any medicine, not seen a doctor in 35 years and work in a hospital. My kids 19. 21 & 25 have (AFAIK) never seen a doctor since shortly after birth.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Dress appropriately for your age. Do not try to look like someone of a younger generation.

Elderly people who wear clothes that are mainly designed for younger people put years on their age,not take years off! Avoid tattoos as well. They do not age well,even if you do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom