Best Aprils fools prank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EmGee DK

In 1998 Burger King introduced a Whopper especially made for left-handed people

2002 Tesco introduced carrots that would whistle when they had been cooked just right

In 1962 when Sweden only had b/w telly a professor had people put nylon stockings over their tvsets telling them that this way they would receive color signals...

Whats your best prank?

wafflycat

From a cycling POV, The Great Sheldon is The Man

http://sheldonbrown.com/humor/index.html

The April 1st ones have been, over the years, most excellent.

"Product W" and "Carrababy" being my favourites

gbb

Legendary Member
Not mine, but P'boro City Council did a whole front page spread on the local rag, to the effect that EVERYONE would get different coloured refuse bins for different days. This of course meant everyone would have 5 bins in their garden :biggrin::ohmy: (two's bad enough).
The benefit supposedly was you didnt need to sort refuse from re-cyclable stuff....and eveyone would get more regular collections.

Christ...the whole town went mad :cry: The local radio was inundated with furious calls :wacko: Some people just didnt realise it was a hoax...it ran for days :sad:

10 out of 10 to the local authorities for once...for having a sense of humour

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Anyone remember the pop group 'Steps'? One the the local radio stations in Liverpool announced that if they wanted to see Steps then they have to go to St George's Hall now! Thousands of teenagers went there and the police were called to control the crowds. Were Steps at St George's Hall? There always have been, I've even sat on them!

Arch

Married to Night Train
gbb said:
Not mine, but P'boro City Council did a whole front page spread on the local rag, to the effect that EVERYONE would get different coloured refuse bins for different days. This of course meant everyone would have 5 bins in their garden :ohmy::ohmy: (two's bad enough).
The benefit supposedly was you didnt need to sort refuse from re-cyclable stuff....and eveyone would get more regular collections.

Christ...the whole town went mad ;) The local radio was inundated with furious calls :tongue: Some people just didnt realise it was a hoax...it ran for days :biggrin:

10 out of 10 to the local authorities for once...for having a sense of humour

Our local monthly free paper thing had a story last week about a floating housing development planned for the River Ouse, to be eco-powered by turbines set on top of Clifford's Tower, one of York's oldest monuments, and stating that the consultation process would finish at 12noon, April 1st. Trouble is, it was so preposterous it was way too obvious.

The spaghetti tree has to be a classic, partly because in those days stuff like that was so unexpected - especially having someone like Dimbleby to narrate. We've got rather used to people like newsreaders doing daft stuff we forget the impact - that and Angela Rippon showing her legs on Morecombe and Wise... But I digress.

One year, when I was 12 or 13 my whole RE class ganged up to persuade me there was a piece of homework set, that I hadn't done, to the point where when the teacher walked in, I went and owned up, terrified, at which point the whole class burst out laughing. That was sooooo funny....:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Arch said:
snip

One year, when I was 12 or 13 my whole RE class ganged up to persuade me there was a piece of homework set, that I hadn't done, to the point where when the teacher walked in, I went and owned up, terrified, at which point the whole class burst out laughing. That was sooooo funny....:biggrin:

We did that at school. Even got the teacher involved. The kid came in slightly late, the teacher asked him for his homework to which he said, he did it but left it at home. Everyone laughed and he went bright red.

Carwash

Señor Member
I'm about to set up a proxy server on our network at work. I was hoping to have it done in time for April so I could do this. (Non-techies scroll down for screenshots.) Sadly I haven't had time, so it will have to wait for next year. :smile:

Rob S

bmwShef.jpg

Top Bottom