Best Aprils fools prank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atbman

Veteran
Advertised bladder rucksack with Goretex back so that sweat would percolate into the bladder, thus maintaining electrolyte balance without using expensive sports drink.

Got two enquiries

The Royal Navy have a thing called a Defence Council Instruction... basically formal notification of changes to uniform, regulations etc.

Naval personnel are allowed to grow a full beard, but not a mustache, the other services can have a mustache, but not a beard.

In the early 80's an out of sequence DCI arrived at HMS Drake and did the rounds stating that as from midnight on 31st March this would change.

Local TV came in and filmed the "First" sailor having hs full set trimmed down to the new regulation mustache.... as he left resplendent in his facial hair (cameras still rolling) he was stopped by the Master at Ams and asked what the abomination under his nose was!

At which point the date dawned.... cruel but superb

Some House Officer ALWAYS thinks it funny to send an x-ray request form down for a Conrad Roentgen or Marie Curie.......

Maz

Guru
The freebie newspaper in Sheffield once had a front page article about the introduction of an eco-friendly wind-up bus service. It had a convincing photo of the new bus with winder mechanism along with details of the depots where they would be wound up, the routes they would be taking, mock interviews etc.

got-to-get-fit

My wife (then girl friend) was at edge hill uni. I was at home 150 miles away.
On April the 1st i rang in the morning and spoke to one of her housemates, i put a liverpudlian accent on and told her it was John from number 30 down the road.
I told her i was concerned about the level of crime in the estate and wanted to get a neighbourhood watch scheme going.
I said that i was holding it that night at 7pm and invited all the girls in the house. I told her the people from 29, 32, 40, 46 and 47 were all coming and they were bringing a bottle of wine as well in an attempt to get a bit of community spirit going.
My wifes mate said it sounded like a good idea and that i could count on their support and that they would be around at 7pm.

Cue: 5 girls with bottles of wine turning up on the doorstep of a random housewife at 7pm saying they had come for the meeting.
If only i could have been a fly on the wall.

Milo

Guru
:biggrin:

dubman

Guru
A few years back , i rang my wife's sister and and told her that her sister had died xx( lets just say it didnt go down to well :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
My wife just rang me up to tell me she was pregnant with our 4th.
Scared the shoot out of me.

Top Bottom