Best bike for a female 20s pharmacist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dbeattie

Über Member
My son's girlfriend would like a bike. I think I overheard her expressing a preference for an old fashioned looking one with thin pipes and curly handlebars. I think a 21 inch frame would be her size just going by the fact that she is about the same height as my daughter. Any suggestions about where best to look?

iwantanewbike

Über Member
If I were you I'd get her to try some for size and feel - it'll save any awkwardness and zero usage if you make any assumptions. It's as personal as buying clothing for others.

Tin Pot

Guru
My sister likes the Dutch bikes.
tumblr_m0zh2eetp31r7u8hgo1_500.jpg

Search for "Dutch bikes step through".

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
Nothing except that's her job. Her mum is a librarian. They're both kind of librarian looking in a good way. Both kind of pharmacist looking too. I should have said pharmacist/librarian. Anyway, I

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
My son's girlfriend would like a bike. I think I overheard her expressing a preference for an old fashioned looking one with thin pipes and curly handlebars. I think a 21 inch frame would be her size just going by the fact that she is about the same height as my daughter. Any suggestions about where best to look?
So it sounds as though she wants a retro looking road bike, possibly thinner steel tubes with drop (curly) handlebars.
What is your budget?
A geared bike or single speed?
How tall is she?

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
So it sounds as though she wants a retro looking road bike, possibly thinner steel tubes with drop (curly) handlebars.
What is your budget?
A geared bike or single speed?
How tall is she?
My budget is limited to cheap
Geared
5'7"ish

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
I need to ask - what has being a 'pharmacist' got to do with it?
Sorry just trying to get the hang of this. She's a pharmacist but her mum is a librarian. Both have that librarian/pharmacist look in a good way. So nothing to do with it really apart from the style thing.

Top Bottom