Best bits of your job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On Tuesday I'm working with Chris Hoy and Kelly Brook in the morning and then over to a Tour event in the evening at Canary Wharf that I've just been invited to:thumbsup:

On Wednesday I'm doing Skyride PR stuff:biggrin:

Not a typical week but they do happen like that from time-to-time

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For me ... I get on with my fellow work mates and boss - love having a natter with them. I like the variety of people that I meet, and can get a real sense of joy from their achievements.

Rhythm Thief said:
I never wanted a career, as such. As long as it pays the bills I'm happy to merely have a job:smile:. Having a career is a sure fire way of getting onto the greasy pole, and it's no time at all before you find yourself sitting on the train on your way home on a Friday night with the table in front of you covered in paper and saying into your mobile "well, I'll get this done over the weekend and we'll talk about it Monday morning". Not for me.

Have you been looking over my shoulder, perchance? :ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
The travel.
Never liked being 'confined' on site which i usually am, but 2 or 3 times a year i get to travel to our fruit suppliers in Cyprus, Spain, Egypt or Uruguay.

Language is always a bit of a problem, you never know what quality of hotel you're going to get, from 4 star comparative luxury to crumpled carpeted old hotels in South America (which they think are the dogs gonads :o), occasionally travelling business class, all expenses paid, being looked after hand and foot.
Its never boring, even though you're on your own.

Apart from:

working outdoors in the fresh air and (mostly) good weather
having a good boss and work mates
playing golf for free anywhere in Norway/Scandinavia (when time allows)
GOOD salary
20-30-minute bike commute
4-5 months off during the winter months

Apart from all that, the BEST bit of my job is cutting the grass so it looks a bit like this! :biggrin: Sad, eh! :biggrin:

Vikeonabike said:
Forget to mention riding mountain bikes and off road motorbikes around all day too

Vike .. i was recently at the launch of a new vehicle to replace the snatch landrover in Long Valley military testing tracks in Aldershot and there were about 30 met coppers riding dirt bikes as a training exercise

Simon

Muddyfox said:
Vike .. i was recently at the launch of a new vehicle to replace the snatch landrover in Long Valley military testing tracks in Aldershot and there were about 30 met coppers riding dirt bikes as a training EXCUSE Simon

More appropriate! :biggrin:

Top Bottom