Best BSO ever - in fact I think I want one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Is it one of these? Turning circle like a barge!

index.php
That's the one. Ugly thing. When we saw it, we said that it would have a turning circle the size of Asia. I'd not want to shoulder that to run up the wee muddy hill from the carpark to the cyclepath.
When I was a kid, I used to ride my bike to the beach fairly regularly - it was only about 18 miles each way - I would have got on the train if I'd have had that thing.

AndyRM

XOXO
That's the one. Ugly thing. When we saw it, we said that it would have a turning circle the size of Asia. I'd not want to shoulder that to run up the wee muddy hill from the carpark to the cyclepath.
When I was a kid, I used to ride my bike to the beach fairly regularly - it was only about 18 miles each way - I would have got on the train if I'd have had that thing.

I housed one for a mate when he was moving house one summer. I consider myself a reasonably fit and healthy chap but thought I was going to die getting it up the stairs. Weighs an absolute tonne! Not much fun to ride either, ponderous, awful steering and uncomfortable.

AndyRM

XOXO
The bike looks like a load of rubbish...... just like your acronym ;)

I've got components on my Fat Bike worth more than that whole bike, it would be ok to ride it to and from the local shops but that's about it

I spent ages coming up with it as well. I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight...

AndyRM

XOXO
I once rode something similar along a beach cycle path from Santa Monica to Venice Beach and Marina del Rey (not very far at all) and back... sh!t bike, but for an hour or so, I was da maaaan! Got horribly sunburned though.

You can get away with this sort of bike in LA. In fact you could probably ride around on a horse painted pink and nobody would bat an eyelid. Tis a strange and wonderful city.

AndyRM

XOXO
What you really want is one of these, with or without the drop bars.

14371406453_7dbdedb7f7_z.jpg

My custom one is arriving in early April

That is a thing of great beauty. You'll have to post some pics when yours arrives.

In the end I decided to hang fire on my own supersized machine - I'm lurking on the forum you sent me and getting great ideas on what I fancy building.

Keith Oates

Janner
When I was in Vietnam one of the guys who used to ride with us most weeks, bought a fat bike and he really enjoyed using it for short(ish) rides.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom