Best camping app or website for France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
Just a note on Archies. I thought I'd check how many sites they had listed for Corsica and it came out at 190-odd - which is probably consistent with the number I found via Google as I wasn't really looking inland or on the east coast. So Archies definitely seems like a good place to start, but I don't think there's any substitute for checking with the campsite's own website.

Eurocampings I will add to the list, but as a cycle tourist I want basic places. Almost without exception they seem to have pools, and the guide price (cannot see how they calculate that) makes them sound pricey. But a useful resource.

I've no idea how the guide price is worked out, and I tend to ignore that. eurocampings does make easier to check opening times though. The ratings are also useful: 8 is a very good site, 7 decent, less than 7 poor, and less than 6 is terrible. It also has shows the numbers of permanent/seasonal pitches vs the number of touring pitches - which can be a pretty good index of the type of campsite it is.

Last edited:

andym

Über Member
thanks. You often see Camping a la Ferme on the back roads, but they tend to be less easy to find on websites

Another one to bookmark:

http://www.bienvenue-a-la-ferme.com/

Top Bottom