BEST curry house...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchybeard

In Preston, there is a decent curry place if your cycling past or going that way.
R K sweets. Sounds confectionery but its a darn good, clean Indian food.

Its vegan food. They serve it as Thali dish which means you get a few different curries, with sauce, rice and chapatti. This cost £5 eating in. How cool is that.

Its clean food, chick pea curry, potato, aubergine etc...
Recommend. Just as better value than some overpriced, country cafe with not always decent bacon bun and tea.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Drool.

On the veggie curry house theme, try Lily's in Ashton, East Manchester. I'm slavvering now.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
In Preston, there is a decent curry place if your cycling past or going that way.
R K sweets. Sounds confectionery but its a darn good, clean Indian food.

Its vegan food. They serve it as Thali dish which means you get a few different curries, with sauce, rice and chapatti. This cost £5 eating in. How cool is that.

Its clean food, chick pea curry, potato, aubergine etc...
Recommend. Just as better value than some overpriced, country cafe with not always decent bacon bun and tea.
It'll be a 'sweetmart' there are a few good un's in Leicester.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
A curry house can only be considered for recommendation by me when there is either Gulab Jamun, Rasmalai, or Rasgulla on the menu.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
It'll be a 'sweetmart' there are a few good un's in Leicester.

Shiralee was my favourite.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I once had quite a strange curry house experience... I was living in Hampshire and a friend told me to go to this understated and little known place out in the countryside a couple of miles away. He said it was literally like eating in someone's private house, but the food was excellent.
I didn't come across it for about a year, by which time I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Then while out driving one night I stumbled across it; A bungalow on a back country road, with a larger than usual driveway, and a tiny sign with the name on it that I recognised from the conversation. I went in, and sure enough the back two rooms had been knocked through and there were maybe 6 restaurant tables set up. No other customers, just a little old Indian couple serving. The food was indeed worth seeking out.
I went looking for it in the following years and never came across it again. I've since concluded that It must have been some kind of Masala tinged Brigadoon, perhaps only becoming visible once every 100 years.

Top Bottom