Best cyclecross bike for under 1k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
So I suppose if I'm giving you all the info, my company does c2w but only in time windows. So I have from 21st may until 5th July. It tied to Halfords so cycle republic and cycle surgery can be used (used to be evans ), basically I'm moving house to the sticks outside Reading and I'd rather not buy a second car. Strava clocks the route to work at 16k but mostly very roughy track. My BMC wouldn't enjoy it and neither would my body.
You can use Halfords vouchers at quite a few LBS too

think vickster above has nailed it then with the Boardman CX
2016-17 CX Team is definitely a lot of bike for the money. At £765 after 10% CTC/British Cycling discount you’ve plenty left for a Wheels mftg threaded BB converter and some decent tyres too; note that the Praxis version won’t fit.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
2016-17 CX Team is definitely a lot of bike for the money. At £765 after 10% CTC/British Cycling discount you’ve plenty left for a Wheels mftg threaded BB converter and some decent tyres too; note that the Praxis version won’t fit.
No further discount with C2W as the OP intends. Didn’t think the Rapid Robs were too bad as CX tyres go

AH
No further discount with C2W as the OP intends. Didn’t think the Rapid Robs were too bad as CX tyres go
Fair enough, hadn’t realised that was how C2W operated. Rapid Robs definitely decent enough for off-road only but very limiting for anything paved, or even really flat bridleways. I went with Gravel King SKs as an all rounder and they work on pretty much everything bar thick mud. The stock Mavic 319 rims will also go tubeless but takes some time to get the rim joint sealed as they’re pinned, not welded.

Johnno260

Veteran
Merida Silex 200?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom