Best cycling map for Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lozfuller

Veteran
Hi,

We'\re cycling on hybrids from Rotterdam, stopping at Amsterdam and then onto Amersfoort and then Zwolle and then heading back towards Rotterdam.

Could someone point me in the direction of the best map to buy for this sort of trip.

Thanks,

Loz

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hear the flat earth society make good maps of Holland.

Do you have the site for the cycling b@bs in Holland?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The Fietsersbond website is good for route planning.
https://routeplanner.fietsersbond.nl/

If you press the "LF en knooppunten" button, it shows you the numbered markers along the route. You can just make a list of all the numbers along your route on a scrap of paper and use no maps at all, if you are brave. I carry some of the Falk paper maps too, like this one at 1:50,000.

A really good online map shop is the Dutch deZwerver one. If you have any problems, just pick up the phone. They all speak perfect English.

https://www.dezwerver.nl/
IMG_0816.JPG

the stupid one

Über Member
From personal experience I'd recommend the spiral-bound book of numbered cycle paths, but it is quite expensive. You can get it from that famous map shop whose name escapes me at the moment.

I had a look and found two or three spiral-bound books called Nederland Fietsatlas, either 1:100,000 or 1:75,000. The 1:75,000 version is by Falk, which is out of stock at Stanfords, and £24.99. It is, however, in stock at bookdepository.com, for a few pounds less.

It's an ambition of mine to cycle around NL, so thank you all for the useful thread.

the stupid one

Über Member
My Fietsatlas arrived this morning.

I’m oddly disappointed that they didn’t devote the necessary three pages to the Afsluitdijk. Some may consider that those pages would have been boring, even wasted, but I think they’d have been very amusing. For the first and perhaps second looks.

The book really makes me wish I could make a tour of the Netherlands happen right now, but I’d need an income and childcare. Grrr.

Top Bottom