Best Drummer Ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I've already given the correct answer back on page 1, but how about an honourable mention for Werner 'Zappi' Diermaier.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
When asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world John Lennon said that he wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles.
Many a true word spoken in jest.
There are loads of YouTube videos explaining Ringo’s drumming style. He isn’t a great technical drummer, he isn’t a metronome but he has a unique style which meshed perfectly with the band he was in.
And look at his kit, it’s basically a very high quality starter set. No bells and whistles.

View: https://youtu.be/wJTjjAXDZSY

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
But zero personality.
I never understand what people mean by that, or what exactly they expect a person to do to have this "Personality"?

Never a SPOTY goes by without the winner being accused of having no personality, no matter what the character of that person involved. I think it's just a way of saying "Look at what a better man I am than him, if he wasn't one of the the best XXXXX in the world he'd be nothing."

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Having worked in the entertainment business for years I found that fame changed people. Some it became 'Wow, I'm having a ball and people love what I do' Dave Grohl is a good example others become better than us, Bono. The tiniest things become massive problems that are irrelevant unless you are a superstar. One famous guitarist was an utter t*t in particular. I provided guitars for tour loafers and all i needed was two Flying V's signed for an MTV competition. I even supplied a Sharpie! Anyone would think I had requested a rewrite of Beethoven's entire works by lunchtime.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I never understand what people mean by that, or what exactly they expect a person to do to have this "Personality"?

Never a SPOTY goes by without the winner being accused of having no personality, no matter what the character of that person involved. I think it's just a way of saying "Look at what a better man I am than him, if he wasn't one of the the best XXXXX in the world he'd be nothing."
Well......speaking as someone with no musical ability......all I can say is certain drummers/entertainers have it and some don't.
As I said previously Ringo just sat there looking bland whereas Phil Collins exuded personality.
My opinion only of course ^_^

You're all wrong: I'm married to the best drummer ever.

And the prettiest.

Right country. In fact she's directly descended from the family that used to own this little place.

300px-Kochi_Castle08s3872.jpg

Quite how a descendent of the Japanese nobility ended up married to a penurious social worker in Germany is something of a mystery...

Top Bottom