Best Drummer Ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ginger Baker. But how much of his skill came from extraneous substances will never be known.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As someone who cannot play any sort of instrument I tend to rate drummers by character eg
RIngo had zero characrer/personality
Phil Collins oozed personality as did the Who drummer.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Mike Portnoy is up there as well. Not convinced I spelt his surname correctly though.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Phil Collins is a class musician in the drumming dept. Keith Moon I never really thought much of. Don't know why.

Drago

Legendary Member
Interestingly, John Bonham rated Barriemore Barlow, ex,of Jethro Tull, as the best rock drummer out there.

Clapton rates Ginger Baker as a class above Bonham, but I don't hear it myself.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
+1 For Ian Paice. Wether or not he is the best who can say but he does combine technical ability with style. (drummers here check out his rudiments vids)

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Bonham and Barlow of course! There are so many when you think about it. Again, don't recall his name but the drummer on Santana's Moonflower album is just stunning!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Ian Paice is a master at those little in fills and double stops. He sets up a rolling groove on some tracks that border on jazz at it best and then Ritchie piles in with a solo completely throwing yours ears off course.

Top Bottom