Best Drummer Ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Brian Morais was the drummer for Farons Flamingoes.....a Liverpool group I saw at the cavern in the early 60s. The band walked off and he did a 10 minute solo which I still remember as it "blew me away".
He went on to join the Big Three and I think became a session drummer.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Roger Hawkins from the Muscle Shoals rhythm section. More groove than a tonne of laminate flooring.

I went to Fame and Sound Studio last year, the force was strong. Met Rick Hall too. :becool:

Perhaps you should try Taiko sometime. You'd be lucky if you can physically manage what Eitetsu Hayashi does for more than about 5 minutes, let alone master the power modulation, rhythmic complexities and musical subtleties. I've been drumming for a few years now, and I can assure that what he does is almost otherworldly. And in general, when heard in real life, Taiko as practiced by its best exponents produces a bodily effect like few other musical experiences.
I had never heard of Taiko. Following this post, I thought that I should give it a listen. It's amazing!
Thanks for the heads up.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Neil Peart from Rush................ end of.

I reckon there is no single "best drummer", it's shared across middle-aged/old people who decide they want to have a public display; one drum each. Hurrah to them. The sad deluded twats.

Drago

Legendary Member
Dave Grohl is by no means the most talented drummer I have ever heard but I have yet to see a better performance on drums than him playing No-One Knows.
He hit the zenith of his career with Songs for the Deaf. His drumming was a relentless machine driving the album on and on, like a big 1970s Kawasaki at full chat. Superb.

He also did well with Them Crooked Vultures. It seems his best work is done under the watchful eye of Josh Homme.

macp

Guru
My dad ( RIP) always said Buddy Rich was the best and Ringo Starr & Bev Bevan (ELO) the worst

For me not in any particular order:
Jeff Porcaro ( Steely Dan, Toto)
Steve Gadd (Steely Dan and others)
Robert Searight (Snarky Puppy)
John Bonham
Buddy Rich

Top Bottom