Best Drummer Ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
Clem Burke, he was like that drummer on the Muppets, didn't the Ramones fire him for being too enthusiastic? ^_^

Seeing Clem Burke drumming was worth the admission price on its own, even though he was past his prime. I wasn't sure if the massive perspex cubicle was for the acoustics or to keep the rest of the band safe.

pplpilot

Guru
Steve Moore :hyper::laugh:

ayceejay

Guru
An interesting fact: two of the most popular British bands ever - The Beatles and the Rolling Stones fall at the opposite end of this spectrum as far as their drummers go.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Tutt took over from Gordon. Apparently working for Elvis was a bit of a revolving door - Parker didn't want anybody getting too comfortable.

I'm going to thoroughly research this because I don't think he did. Anyway Elvis had a lot of long-term people playing for him, Scotty and DJ for years, Bill only dropped out because he was doing ok on his own, The band in Vegas was pretty constant for eight years with our old friend James Burton leading the way.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Tutt took over from Gordon. Apparently working for Elvis was a bit of a revolving door - Parker didn't want anybody getting too comfortable.

I'm going to thoroughly research this because I don't think he did. Anyway Elvis had a lot of long-term people playing for him, Scotty and DJ for years, Bill only dropped out because he was doing ok on his own, The band in Vegas was pretty constant for eight years with our old friend James Burton leading the way.

OK I've checked, it never happened. He's still a great drummer, just not for Elvis.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
aren't we forgetting a certain Scotish lady. Here's just one example. The drumming starts about 2 mins in.

Glennie is incredible. However, if we're going off conventional western drumming, we get into all kinds of brilliant musicians. Here's two examples from one of my personal favourites, the supremely talented (and fit), Eitetsu Hayashi, formerly of the great group, Kodo, and now the world's greatest solo exponent of Taiko, Japanese drumming:

And a collaboration with Shinichi Kinoshita, on shamisen...

Glennie is incredible. However, if we're going off conventional western drumming, we get into all kinds of brilliant musicians. Here's two examples from one of my personal favourites, the supremely talented (and fit), Eitetsu Hayashi, formerly of the great group, Kodo, and now the world's greatest solo exponent of Taiko, Japanese drumming:

And a collaboration with Shinichi Kinoshita, on shamisen...

Let's not get off conventional western drumming then .
:tongue:

Top Bottom