Best Drummer Ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was going to say Jaki Liebezeit too or maybe Mo Tucker.

An old friend of mine was interviewed for a radio documentary about Wichita Lineman. Her father was a lineman for the county.
Mo Tucker, good call! I've never been a big fan of virtuoso bashing about, Buddy Rich-style.....they're rather like those tedious guitar shredders.

Less is more.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Jim Gordon. From 'Wichita Lineman' to 'Rikki Don't Lose That Number' to backing Elvis in Vegas. Sure, he shot his mum, but nobody's perfect. There have been more athletic drummers, more inventive drummers, drummers who can hold a band together when all around are going walkies, but nobody has ever drummed as beautifully.

It's the last half minute of Wichita Lineman that is so entrancing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeqXyY-9xA

Feel free to disagree....

Jim Gordon was and still is a very troubled man, shame what happened to him, great drummer though - not sure he worked with Elvis in Vegas though as Ronnie Tutt was his drummer from 1969 until 1977.

So the best drummer ever is a white fella. Coolio!

Well ackshly one of my faves is Steve Ferrone who has been the drummer for Tom Petty for about 25 years, he's superb. He's from Brighton too of all places.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Dave and Phil Alvin have got this Texan called Lisa Pankratz playing drums for them on their last tour, she's one hell of a drummer, I was really impressed, kicks it off at about 5 mins if'n yer too lazy to watch the whole thang.

sight-pin

Veteran

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Jim Gordon was and still is a very troubled man, shame what happened to him, great drummer though - not sure he worked with Elvis in Vegas though as Ronnie Tutt was his drummer from 1969 until 1977.
Tutt took over from Gordon. Apparently working for Elvis was a bit of a revolving door - Parker didn't want anybody getting too comfortable.

Top Bottom