Best Endurance disc bike for £2000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
adamangler

adamangler

Veteran
Thanks for your replies chaps.

In the end I looked at loads online and in the flesh and decided it was going to come down to a giant defy or a specialized Roubaix.

I also decided not to spend as much and limit my budget to 1500 as even if I spent 3k it was not going to be as fast and light as the one I have now. So decided it didn't have to be super light and just more a winter bike/endurance bike/+1 bike.

So that left me with the Roubaix at about 1450 Vs defy 1 same price (2018)

Anyway I'm waffling to get to the point but I just happened to see the defy 3 at 1200 which I thought was a good price.. drop to tiagra rather than 105 but hey the Roubaix also had tiagra at 1450.

Anyway I slept on it, woke up this morning and saw the defy advanced 3 had dropped to £999! In my size plus 10% off.

So i jumped fof my wallet at 6:30 this morning and ordered it for £900! Which I thought was a fantastic bargain.

Ok its 10 spd tiagra and possibly 500g heavier than if I would have spent 2k but for the money well chuffed. Plus i could always treat it to a really nice pair of wheels at somepoint....

Just hoping they don't ring me tomorrow saying sorry its out of stock - had that happen before

Excited now lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
adamangler

adamangler

Veteran
The Defy in my avatar is an advanced pro 3 and Paul's Cycles still have one a L size in their clearance bikes for £1300.

Yeh I saw that the other day, was gutted it was a large as I was going to buy it, I need a medium.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
2D0F1017-2727-4F38-B10F-6FD462C7C313.jpeg
If the Defy you’ve ordered is out of stock then this Scott Addict Carbon/Ultegra/Disc is a great buy at £1349 reduced from £2699! You also get a free jacket worth £170 for orders over £1000. Only size 54cm available.
Use code GREY for the reduced price.
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-addict-10-disc-road-bike-2018-p329177

Edit - Extra 1% off via Quidco too.

Last edited:

Boon 51

Veteran

clid61

Veteran
Genesis croix de fer. Steel frame and so comfortable, but that's my opinion. Just go try a few bikes for comfort first then narrow it down :smile:

Top Bottom