Best energy drink?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What energy drink works best for making you feel more awake?
What energy drinks make you more physically energetic, as in being able to cycle further. I hear of cyclists on here putting High 5 energy tablets into drinks but how does Pro plus, Red Bull and Lucozade compare? I need something that will wake me up in the mornings coz I feel like a zombie. I would also like something to give me more of a physical boost when cycling longer distances or when im feeling as powerful as a sick kitten.

No food suggestions tho, just drinks or stuff you can put into them.

Kies

Something with caffeine to boost you in the morning. Lucazade isotonic drinks appear to help me, but not that much.

OP
OP
U

User16625

You probably need to look at your diet as a whole rather than quick fixes

My diet is quite varied. Mixture of healthy and unhealthy stuff. From fruit and veg to pie and chips. I dont have the will power nor the headwork required for set diets. Just want to know what you think is the most affective at making the "sleepiness" go away. I know they say porridge and bananas are good for pro longed energy, I cannot carry them when cycling.

Also your sig has a point:laugh:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

James Blackwell

Water, lots of water. Tiredness and hunger often get confused with dehydration. Regular sleep patterns help too.
I cant do a set diet or breakfast, but have a list of things to keep it varied. Look for mainly nutty based cereals.
My breakfast consists of cereal, fruit juice, fruit tea, and water.
After the first two minutes of being on my bike and the crazy main road I am wide awake!
Energy drinks are not pointless, but I would avoid, the low is as big as the high and is only very temporary.
I changed to water when I was driving 200/300 miles aday, made a huge difference to my awake and alertness, not gone back since.

Milzy

Guru
Pro's have a top diet & still need energy drinks. Once I get past half way riding a sportive or running a marathon I switch from water to isotonics.

How can you say avoid them when they stop you from bonking in endurance events. Probably because you're all just a bunch of know it all MAMILS who have never raced in any sporting events in any kind of respectable times.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003O0N32K Just one of many decent drinks out on the market.

Fueling with a decent product can make or break your race result.

Top Bottom