Best ever C4 TDF theme ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a great video. Best thing to come out of bike racing in decades.

Great British Beefeaters creating a lovely moment out of Sh1te europop.

First time we heard this wonderful Dutch artist was 2019 and some how my children convinced me to download an album.... it became the theme to that years summer vacation:laugh: something we won't forget - i do love the Dutch

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I like the current C4 theme tune but this one is in another league, just classic early 80's electro pop.
There is no current C4 theme tune for the Tour. ITV have had it for 20 years now!

I was listening to The Cycling Podcast at lunch - they recently got permission to use this version on their Life In The Peloton series. I think Shelley is a friend of someone on the program. Google Mitch Docker (who presents it)
Shelley is no longer alive. His family gave permission after Mitch Docker did some detective work. The story is in one of the early LITP episodes, which I think was repeated early in its TCP run.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Did coverage go from C4 to ITV, and then to ITV4? (in my mind ITV4 is still a new channel :P ) And did they steal much of the C4 presenting/production team?
For the first few years, coverage was on itv 2 (which was then a mixed drama/entertainment channel rather than its current low-brow mix) and repeated late nights on itv 1 for people who hadn't yet switched to digital (a repeat that still happens, allowing non-hub/Sky viewers to get it in HD). I think it moved to the recently-launched itv4 for the 2006 tour and has been there ever since.

They didn't need to steal the C4 team. C4 discarded them when they bought cricket coverage and pretty much Brian Venner's whole production team moved over uncontested. Here's a clip of a tribute to veteran cameraman Glenn Wilkinson from an itv2 broadcast:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_136MGc6Iw

Top Bottom