Best ever kids shows growing up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Somehow I think it wouldn’t work now. It was lovely, innocent and simple.

I don't know. His various rambling accounts on the radio, complete with various voices were funny and full of joy and would work today. I recall him on the radio telling stories of his travels with his pal Tubby Foster. He's been loaned a Rolls Royce for some bizarre reason and has repeated trouble with its strange foot operated "hand-brake", then there's an incident where he accidentally drives past the stop go man at a road works driving through the fresh tar. He spends the rest of his trip terrified of border guards and police who are in his mind searching for him after being reported by the vengeful tar and chippings gang from the road works. Somehow Morris's voice and gentle telling of this innocent tale of bungling had me crying with laughter. Another delightful tale had him bringing a lemur back to Bristol Zoo from somewhere on the continent and he has to stay overnight half way back. The lemur is crying in its cage, and very unhappy so Morris decides to let it out in the hotel room, worried that it would escape, but can't bear the mournful cries. It spend the night snuggling up to him on the pillow. He clearly had a way with animals. He had been a normal zoo keeper before becoming a radio and TV "star" (for want of a better word).

Profpointy

Legendary Member
With thunderbird 4 for the bath

I had one of those, with a battery operated propellor

How We Used To Live
This one I remember well, the Doctor was the first example of a progressive liberal I can recall in a TV program. Not charging top rate for the poor and occasionally ridiculing some of his rich patients habits to his wife.
One of his patients bought a new fangled bath with gas heating, it went wrong, the Doc told his wife he could imagine him (the patient) boiling like a ham.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This one I remember well, the Doctor was the first example of a progressive liberal I can recall in a TV program. Not charging top rate for the poor and occasionally ridiculing some of his rich patients habits to his wife.
One of his patients bought a new fangled bath with gas heating, it went wrong, the Doc told his wife he could imagine him (the patient) boiling like a ham.
I've watched all the available series in recent years... but can't remember the Doctor. It is a truly heartwarming series though :smile:

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
HR Puff n Stuff with Jack Wild.

DRM

Guru
It's CBeebies bedtime story now. Tom Hardy reads it sometimes so whenever he's on the mummies all go nuts. The Dolly Parton one was pretty awesome though.
I'd dearly love to see him do that in the character of Mr Solomons from the Peaky Blinders!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What was the five minute animation before the news, the one with the egg that did stuff and it had classical music in it too. Ludwig?
Yes. Very weird. Kids nowadays would turn over to another channel.
We had no choice but to endure it for 5 minutes.

Top Bottom