Best ever kids shows growing up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep, the SHADO Mobile. I had the Interceptor as well and I duly defended our back lawn from alien invasion with it despite the missiles having a range of about 18 inches:okay:.
My elder brother owned a Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle, I hid the missiles to make him sad. I miscalculated, it made him angry, very angry.

Merchandise 1970's style.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Every single school holiday in the 1970s, the BBC would screen episodes of Flash Gordon, with Buster Crabbe playing the hero.

Infuriating scheduling - I was back at school before the series finished.
And those cliffhanger episode endings were a hoot.

I've bought the box set of those, but not got round to watching them. I still recall one episode where Flash has been captured and made to work as a slave in the nuclear plant. His job was to shovel uranium into the "atom furnace". Brilliant stuff !

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My elder brother owned a Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle, I hid the missiles to make him sad. I miscalculated, it made him angry, very angry.

My cousin had one of those; it was great. I think she had the matching red staff car too, or was it the white vehicle of no particular purpose ?

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Genius! Loved the animation.

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
What was the five minute animation before the news, the one with the egg that did stuff and it had classical music in it too. Ludwig?

Top Bottom