Best fitness band

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the new fitbit is a watch and has hrm built in, dont think its out yet as i cannot find it for sale anywhere

I think you are referring to the Fitbit Surge

This is a GPS "Smart Watch" as ooposed to the simple pedometer that is the case with the FitBit etc

One concern seems to be that the HRM is a light sensor. With thin profile bands like the ones on the new FitBit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge there is a risk of ambient light fitering around the strap to interfere with the accuracy

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
fitbit charge hr is the one ive been looking at

LimeBurn

Über Member
I too would be interested to see what people think on these - Ive been looking at the Garmin and Fitbit ones too - Garmin as I love my Edge 510 but the Fitbit one connects to the integrated Fitbit app on my HTC phone.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I had a fitbit zip the batteries lasted under 2 weeks then a couple of weeks later it packed up altogether :thumbsdown:

Misfit are coming out with the Misfit Flash this month which is a cheaper version of the Misfit Shine so I will be looking into that when it is released, in the mean time I have installed Google Fit on my android phone which works very well and can even tell the difference between me walking and me cycling and is free.

evo456

Über Member
I have a Garmin Vivofit, and love the simplicity of it. The biggest downfall of almost every fitness wearable is its battery life, and having to remove it from your wrist to charge it up- which ultimately means it needs to go to a bespoke dock/cable to charge. So unlike a smart phone where the micro usb part is common , you're only able to charge it from one place. Smart phone/wireless syncing is also great as again you dont have to to take it off and hook it to a computer. I don't need my watch to tell me when i have a phone call or message and xyz. I just need it to measure my step activities, calorie burn, distance walked oh and the time. For over a month, the vivofit and stayed on my wrist and has not come off at all, as its fairly light and compact I really do forget sometimes I'm wearing it.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I have no idea what any of that means

I usually play ACDC when I am on my turbo if that is of assistance
Technofobe:tongue:

Nick Stone

I've had a vivofit and its cool syncs well with connect and runs tandem with my 510, I've just swapped out to the vivosmart is ace everything on the fit plus a bit more. Yes it needs charging but lasts about a week, lots of features auto sync etc even read text and emails, start stop music on my phone, very good imo. Can even see ant on bike for speed but in on the 510 so not used yet for that.

Garmin FR15 here. Activity tracking and GPS for running. Had it a couple of months and like it. Would be better if you could tell it you were going to sleep or it recognised it, but it can be manually put into garmin connect. Been likened to a FR10 with a vivofit built in. Went for the FR15 over the vivofit beacause of the gps, but the battery life on the vivofit made it a close call. Still lasts for days just as a watch/tracker but hammers battery with gps on.

I did have a Fitbit Flex but it died at work, the 40 degrees it was at the time probably didn't help much and only water resistant. Wasn't that keen on wearing both it and a watch.
The new Fitbits look interesting with an optical HRM but don't look likely to get to uk until next year. And if you're feeling flush the Withings Activite would make a nice dress watch.

Big choice out there and 'best' depends on what you want it for. Ranges from a pedometer to a smartwatch with several more on the way in the upcoming months.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Wow ive read all the post's and totally cluless....im obviously very old now..sculks off to the kitchen for a cup of tea and a statin....

Top Bottom