Best fitness band

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For various reasons I updated my Fitbit one to a Garmin Viviosmart and the difference is incredible

With the Fitbiton my waistband I record 6,500 steps on my commute

On the Viviosmart I get an inactivity warning!

Probably because I ride a recumbent and wrist movement is minimal

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Just thought I ask how people are getting on with their bands?
Been looking around today and would think I'd use one. Like the look of Fitbit charge and the Garmin models, I want some thing that could be used with cycling and take HR and would like it connected to Google fit.
Lots of gadgets to read about and trawl through the Youtube vids

Stephenite

Membå
I've been wearing the Vivosmart since i got it.. looking back.. on 19th nov last year. It's great for what i want it for. That is/was to motivate my pale white arse to moving around more and getting in better shape. It soon superceded the Google Fit app on my mobile, as that is pretty rubbish really.

What was a real eye-opener for me was the social aspect, especially the motivation from others. On the Garmin website itself the social integration is basic, to say the least, but i found a group on facebook for vivofit/smart users that was brilliant. Many nice people in their 40s and 50s with roughly the same aims.

I don't bother with the 'smart' sms, tlf, etc notifications. That's what my phone is for. In fact, i don't even run the app on my phone. The vivosmart is the least obtrusive fitness band. The step counter is accurate. The sleep info (for what it's worth) is the most useful i've seen. And it syncs with all the other Garmin products. :smile: I bought a secondhand Garmin FR910, five or six weeks after i got the vivosmart, for recording runs, and soon cycling and swimming.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
My Fitbit is doing good

Sleep is accurate enough
Steps is accurate
Motivates me to move on quiet days as I don't want to see poor data lol

Ned some friends on it though, that's motivational and I only have one

Top Bottom