Best / neatest wee saddle thingy for a Charge Soon saddle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm cheesed off with cycling with a rucksack on so want to try and cram a wee repair kit in one of those jobbies that attach to the bottom of ones saddle. I do have one but it's about as subtle as an opinion expressed in a helmet discussion, so have been hunting for something neater.

Any hints? More so, do you have any polite hints?

Licramite

Über Member
yea, I had the same thing, you can get a neat triangular bag that fits under your centre bar and seat back bar
got mine on ebay for a couple of squid.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Saddlebag, cheap one from decathlon, just something able to hold the really hard stuff you need to carry like multi tool, tyre levers etc. Then buy a proper cycling jersey and stuff the rest of the things (which are relatively soft) you need on a ride in the back pockets of the jersey. You think that this will be uncomfortable, but you really don't know it's all there even when you are out of the saddle. You can access these pockets while moving, a great advantage for food etc.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Topeak Wedge packs. The micro will hold tube leves and patches, the large will hold tube, levers, tools and mini pump.

http://topeak.com/products/Bags/AeroWedgePack_medium_Velcro

Gary E

Veteran
Topeak Pro Pack.

I have a small one and a medium one, both look good on my charge spoon and they don't have a strap that wraps around the seat post so it doesn't obscure the logo ^_^Both carry a CO2 pump and 2 cartridges, Topeak Hexus multi-tool, Puncture patches, short length of chain and a quick link, Latex gloves and a few ty-wraps. The medium one also has a spare tube (I carry a tube in my jersey so this is a 2nd one for longer rides)
1.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Or a small bottle 'tool kit', you can get stubby 500ml ones or larger 750ml. I use them so I don't have to have a saddlepack/bag.

Peteaud

Veteran
2nd the Topeak medium one.

buddha

Veteran
I've been through (and somehow broken) 3 saddlebags, including topeak ones.
And have been using Pro saddlebags for over a year now with no problems. Well made, and easy to attach and remove. I was a bit dubious at first about relying on velcro fittings, but all has been well so far.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have a Lidl £5 jobbie. It just about takes a small multitool, a tube, a patch repair kit, levers, and spare AA batteries. It fits my Charge Spoon too.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have a Lidl £5 jobbie. It just about takes a small multitool, a tube, a patch repair kit, levers, and spare AA batteries. It fits my Charge Spoon too.
But how do you attach your rear light, SM? Got one too, but it obscures my back light!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
But how do you attach your rear light, SM? Got one too, but it obscures my back light!
Sometimes you can get a bigger bracket that fits around the seat tube rather than seat post (i think theyre the right terms - the wider part of the frame the seatpost goes into), I got one of them for my cateye light, but now have my rear lights attached to the seatstays, on the middle of the diagonal bits between the rear axle and the seatpost. My bicycle technical terms are failing me tonight :smile:

Top Bottom