Best Oakley lens for forests and dusk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen brown

Hi

I was lucky enough to get a pair of Oakley TDF half jacket 2.0 XL recently, however the standard iridium lens is really dark and too dark for forest riding or dusk roads

I really like the Hi intensity yellow lens as that's similar to others I have had in the past, typically its not available for this frame, and I feel I should be using these glasses as much as possible

I just wondered if anyone had any experience with the other colours

Also is is Lens or Lense.....

Cheers

Stephen

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go for a clear

Hi

I was lucky enough to get a pair of Oakley TDF half jacket 2.0 XL recently, however the standard iridium lens is really dark and too dark for forest riding or dusk roads

I really like the Hi intensity yellow lens as that's similar to others I have had in the past, typically its not available for this frame, and I feel I should be using these glasses as much as possible

I just wondered if anyone had any experience with the other colours

Also is is Lens or Lense.....

Cheers

Stephen
It's lens

It's not the lenses.

You'll see better if you change your tyres to Maxxis Ignitors on that sort of surface. Slightly wider at the rear, too.

But if you're going to change the tyres, I'd get rid of those forks. They don't suit the frame and the wheels are wrong.

Go for a tighter geometry and more travel. Variable pre-load would be nice, but has no effect on depth of field.

Not sure about those shorts either. Something with a stripe might be better.

As for lenses, whichever ones take your fancy. I hope I have helped.

OP
OP
Stephen brown

Stephen brown

It's not the lenses.

You'll see better if you change your tyres to Maxxis Ignitors on that sort of surface. Slightly wider at the rear, too.

But if you're going to change the tyres, I'd get rid of those forks. They don't suit the frame and the wheels are wrong.

Go for a tighter geometry and more travel. Variable pre-load would be nice, but has no effect on depth of field.

Not sure about those shorts either. Something with a stripe might be better.

As for lenses, whichever ones take your fancy. I hope I have helped.
I'm guessing u don't own any oakleys then....

Reactions: gaz
OP
OP
Stephen brown

Stephen brown

[QUOTE 2620920, member: 45"]I own Oakleys, amongst other brands. They're not my first choice when I go out on the bike. They're overpriced (I got mine for £30 and wouldn't pay new prices for them) and nice, but not what they're made out to be.[/quote]
I got them as a present and i think its a bit disrespectful not to wear them

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I bought a pair of Jawbone Oakleys from our friends in China through E Bay, based on a cost of around £15 inc shipping these were what you might call, not the real deal.
My mate bought a genuine pair and we compared them, the frames were identical in every way, feel , weight , colour, they felt the same and wearing them you could not tell the difference.
The Lenses were the only thing we could see that were different, mine were cheap plastic , his are the genuine ones and are polarised, so we swapped lenses and they fit a treat, so I just need to get some lenses now to get a pair less than a third of the RRP cost in the shop.

So who is ripping who off then.

Top Bottom