Best one liner shouted at me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, but at least you have socks appeal....

A small child once saw me on a Pashley Micro folder (folding bike with something like 16" wheels) and said very loudly to his Dad "Look! That man's got a tiny bike!"

I'm not sure which the Dad was more embarrassed about, the 'tiny bike' bit or the 'man' bit...

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
fimm said:
"I'm loving the socks, mate!"

(I have to admit that knee-length black compression socks isn't a great look, but I was less than a mile from the finish, so I just yelled "Thank you!" in reply.

I was slightly more bothered by the "mate" which to me implies male, which I am not.)
Nah. I get that all the time around Edinburgh. "All right, mate?" is a common response when I thank someone who has been particularly considerate.

I can assure you that there's no mistaking me for a male. Not in summer, anyway ;) ;) .

Sam

Best one I had was while cycling along a narrow lane near Westbury-on-Severn years back during my 'youff'. I could hear a car come up behind me, the driver dropped a couple of gears and start to rev his engine and drive up really close, within inches. I thought sh!t what's this idiot about to try an do on this narrow road. Then I hear,"Get off the bloody road you cycling muppet!!"

I turned to respond in kind to this road menance and all I can say to this verbal abuse and potential vehicular assalt is, "Hi dad."

He still thinks I'm a cycling muppet today, 22 years later on.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
twoasbosmcginty said:
Where did that come from? :angry:

I remember we had a phase of saying that when I was at school - which was a while ago.

Not sure but I remember most of my family said it to me at one point or another over the years ............ must be a sarfffff london thing ;)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yeah. That was the year of the bizarre pit stop at the nightclub in Kirkliston where all the white stiletto girls were crowded around Shackleton, hypnotised by the light show.

Sam

When is this Dumb run?? it sounds really quite intriguing!

Anyway, about the only one I can really remember was

'Hey, get off the road until you learn how to ride that thing properly!'

from a car passenger as I got into lane for a roundabout coming up.

To be fair, I can see his point, I mean, just look at my signature! :laugh:

Ben M

When I was cycling my tandem back for purchasing it (on my own) some scaffolders shouted "he fell off mate!" which would have made me chuckle if I wasn't half way up a huge hill :tongue:

zacklaws

Guru
I can never understand what most people shout from their cars as its all muffled, but one day it was all nice and peaceful, when next thing a car went passed me, a dog stuck its head out of the window and started barking at me, it startled me that much, I nearly left the road, then I come to the conclusion, that all the people that shout at me are just doing dog impressions, because that is what it sounds like. Warh Warh Warh Warh Warh

When I was cycling my tandem back for purchasing it (on my own) some scaffolders shouted "he fell off mate!" which would have made me chuckle if I wasn't half way up a huge hill :tongue:
:biggrin:

Top Bottom